Sunday, August 10, 2008

I have got a new MacBook Pro 15

I just got a new MacBook Pro 15" computer. It is a very nice one. The first thing I have to do is to do the installation on this one. I turned on the power and connected it with Ethernet cable. Then I have several options to install OS. One is from timeshare machine, one is from Disk and the one I was used is to use Ethernet connection since I have a iMac 24 computer already.

The installation takes a while to transferring files to my MacBook Pro. I think there are about 80GB. At the beginning it said about 11 hours! However, it went down very quickly. I think it took about 3-4 hours to complete the installation. I selected two accounts to transfer.

The nice thing about the installation is that I have the identical account settings and initial files installed in my MacBook Pro! I do remember Windows have to this kind of ability to do OS installation. You could us third party image program to do it, however, I doubt about installing OS on home computer. I remembered that I had to spend hours to install a blank Windows. Then I have to install my programs one by one and do a lots configuration work, days of work. It is so smooth in Mac'w world!

The next topic is about remoting connection or share screen features of Mac computer.

No comments: