Sunday, August 8, 2010

Apple New Devices: Magic Trackpad and Battery Charger

I purchased two new Mac devices: Magic Trappad and Battery Charger. The later one is really I want. I have used Magic mouse and wire less keyboard since I got my iMac 27. The only painful experience is the battery, especially the one for mouse. I don't like to use normal batteries, not environmental friendly and too costly. I have used alkaline battery and Sanyo's rechargeable battery. They all would not last long. I hope this new Apple charger will be as good as it says: 10 year life time.

The trackpad has been in Macbook and Macbook Pro for long time. This is a migration version for iMac. Basically it provides gestures for iMac. When I first tried this device, my iMac did not recognize it. I followed the instruction as in its menu: software update from Apple's menu. I did not get the update. I tried on both of iMac 24 and iMac 27, the same issue. Then I turned to web to google the update software. I found this update from Apple's web page and it works fine after the installation.



I seems the trackpad has all the features of mouse. However, it does not work as the way as mouse works. It is so sensitive, and very easily I get lost if I put too many fingers on the pad. The pad supports single, two, three and four fingers. I may have to take time to master its usages.

The following is the comparison of the used space difference between before and after:

Command: df -lakUsed(Kilobytes in 1024-blocks)
Before ...672,076
After...793,504
Difference (A-B)121,428

No comments: