Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rename Files Tool: NameChanger

toolsI posted a blog on some greate Mac software tools in Nov 2008. One of them is NameChanger.

Very often, I need to change names of picture or video files from camera or camcorder to my Mac. This tool is a great one to rename files. Here is the interface of NameChanger:



It provides a wide range of options to rename files and they are good enough to accomplish my need.


For example, the first step I do is to use the Sequence option to rename the entire names to files with sequence numbers and a proper extension name such as .dv. The Sequence has additional options available from a window:


After that, I then use the Prepend option to add whatever prefix words at the beginning of the files. Just two actions to rename files in the format I need.

No comments: