Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Updates After I Got New iMac27

After I got my new iMac 27, I found a long list of updates, including OS and Thunderbolt updates. On the second day, I got another two updates. I have not had time to experience my iMac yet.

One thing I noticed immediately is that the process of checking new updates is much faster than before, less than 1 minute. The same process used to be taking long time. Not sure if this is one of enhancements or not. I think this should be belonging to Lion.








The following is the comparison of the used space difference between before and after:


Command: df -lakUsed(Kilobytes in 1024-blocks)
Before..405,816
After...790,712
Difference (A-B)384,896

The following are updates on the next day:


The following is the comparison of the used space difference between before and after:


Command: df -lakUsed(Kilobytes in 1024-blocks)
Before..790,712
After...650,012
Difference (A-B)-140,700

No comments: