Thursday, September 2, 2010

iTunes 10 Update

Today I tried to update again from iMac and soon I saw the update of iTunes 10, just as expected. This update does not require reboot. After reboot, I started iTunes. The interface is very similar to the previous version. There may be some different UI layout in Music. The biggest new feature is Ping.

I tried Ping. From there I can follow some artists, Yo-Yo Ma, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift. There is section to set up my personal profile with brief description. However, the description is only a text box. It does not take HTML tags such as anchor. It looks like I cannot directly post my messages in Ping. I can post comments to other people's reviews or artists' posts. Ping is an integrated part of iTunes. I can write reviews to songs or videos, click Like and mark stars. All those activities are displayed in my Ping's Profile and My Reviews. As Steve Jobs said, Ping is all about music. It is truly a social platform for music. I think it is good for music lovers. For me, it is a great way to find out good music pieces and learn about western culture. Interestingly, today, I also find out many Chinese singers, and I left some my Likes and my rating Stars for their songs.


The following is the comparison of the used space difference between before and after:

Command: df -lakUsed(Kilobytes in 1024-blocks)
Before ...235,664
After...193,196
Difference (A-B)-42,468

No comments: