Monday, April 5, 2010

QuickView: Folders in X-Ray View

I found a way to change QuickView for folders: X-Ray view. I got this when I was on the way to my work listening to Mac Cast podcast on March 24, 2010. The podcast notes provides detail information and a video (YouTube) on how this is set and what's the result.

This is done through the settings in com.apple.finder. You may need to check the current settings before update it:

defaults read com.apple.finder QLEnableXRayFolders

The default value is 0. To enable the X-Ray view, set it to 1:

defaults write com.apple.finder QLEnableXRayFolders 1


Another tip I found is a Terminal command to copy the piped result to OS's clipboard. For example, I copy the content of air.html to clipboard by using this command:

cat air.html | pbcopy

No comments: